Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer Movies

I saw The Hangover last weekend. Finally an original movie in Hollywood! Expect to see sequels. I must admit I did not expect this movie to be as good as it is nor did I expect to laugh my ass off. I am currently assless on account of all the laughing I did at this movie.




This is probably going to be the best movie of the summer so save your 11 bucks for The Hangover. Transformers 2 looks like it's going to stink like an enormous steaming pile of dead fish on top of hot garbage. I only say this because like the mythical King MidASS, anything Michael Bay touches turns to poo. Transformers was like watching a 2 hour car commercial. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to offend the makers of car commercials here, because they tend to have more of a compelling story than this movie had...

I vow to never see Transformers 2... but don't hold me to that as I can easily get sucked into movie hype. I eventually caved and saw Terminator Salvation. The director, McG, has the directorial depth of a dinobot.

*** SPOILER ALERT! ***



When the CGI Arnold Schwarzenegger shows up as the T-800 toward tend of T4 it's kind of hokey. Yeah, it's nice to see that Arnold's image makes an appearance, but we're taken right out of the movie at this moment and reminded that this is really just an obligatory nod. Terminator Salvation lacked the vision and sheer logic of he first 2 movies. McG doesn't really tie this movie into the series in a crafty way.

In the remaining 2 sequels that are to come I think the writers should take it from me here. When the Resistance inevitably infiltrates Cyberdyne to send Kyle Reese and the Terminator back through time to protect his mother and his juvenile self, they should do it all in one mission. That is to say, don't make it so simple to break into the technologically superior enemy base and travel through time. Economize...




I say they should simply have Kyle Reese infiltrate cyberdine, help reprogram the T-800, then send himself back to 1984 (T1) and the T-800 Terminator back to 1991 (T2) all in one mission from the same point in the future... make sense? (Oh, and let's just forget about T-3 alltogether... please? can we? Okay if he must, just amend my plot proposal to include the third turd of a Terminator movie)



Just consolidate their mission, ya know? Make it actually seem like they only have one chance to get it right!

So just take it from me Hollywood, it would make so much more sense and be way more compelling.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete